Comparing and Analyzing the 2 Best Aces of Search Engine Marketing
Adwords and SEO are the best and prime components of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and looked upon as the most valuable tools whilst running digital marketing campaigns. They have substantial differences and similarities and in certain situations they are used together or separately depending on your business and marketing strategy.
Let’s understand the concept of Google AdWords:
Google Adwords is basically an advertising platform owned by Google. Advertisers can use this platform to position their ads in the Google Search Result pages, Google Products (YouTube, Gmail etc) and to thousands of other websites that participate in the AdWords program as publishers (that’s Google Adsense).As the advertiser you can choose to pay when someone clicks on your ad (Cost Per Click or CPC) or when people see your ad (CPM or Cost per Thousands Impressions). The whole Adwords system works like a big auction where advertisers compete for the available advertising places.
Now, let’s clear our basics about the much known tool SEO or Search Engine Optimization:
SEO is mainly focused on getting better rankings in the search engine results pages of Google, Yahoo, Bing and other major search engines. In order to thump that, you need to make sure that your website is well-made and search engine friendly.A search engine friendly website can be read easily by search engines and thereby used with ease by users. To have a general idea of a good website it is supposed to have a fast and functional experience with unique content that offers a good impression to the end user
Now let’s understand their difference between AdWords and SEO:
Highlighting the major areas of differences:
• Adwords is for Google sites and websites that use Google Adsense while SEO principles are applicable for all search engines.
• Adwords traffic is paid while SEO traffic is free.
• Adwords ads appear on the top and right of Google Search and under certain conditions you can get one of those ad positions but with SEO you have to work much harder to get one of the top positions in the organic search results.
• Adwords is more immediate than SEO since you can create advertising campaigns almost instantly and start getting targeted traffic while with SEO you need a lot more time to get good rankings and traffic.
• With Adwords is easier to calculate the ROI while with SEO is more difficult because there are a lot more factors that play a role and not just spending and revenue.
• When you stop your Adwords campaigns traffic also stops but once you start getting organic traffic with SEO this will continue long term.
• With Adwords you can target many keywords at the same time while with SEO you need to focus on a few keywords for best results
• With Adwords you can advertise on other Google websites and websites that use Google Adsense but the results from SEO are only for the search results pages.