Part I: Make the Condign Use of Digital Marketing Tools
Is your company using the right Digital Marketing tools to generate business online? Although each tool offers your company a way to build rapport with the market, but, being a marketer, you must understand what combination of tools out of oil will work better for your business. Below is what you must understand as a marketer about the key digital tools available.
1. Google Search: A very powerful and productive tool if you know which keywords you want to focus on and if you don’t then it may prove to be a money wastage activity. It’s because Google Search ads are very competitive and you should advertise on search results relevant to your product or service. A very common thing marketers do is they bid on competitive keywords but, there’s a trick to succeed. Instead of advertising on competitive keywords, try focusing on specific phrases or geographies and bid aggressively. This won’t show up your ads frequently, but, would be visible to the most appropriate and meaningful searchers. And when it does, the results will be non junk, more clicks and more conversions.
2. Bing Search: A lot of people use Internet Explorer and Bing as their default search tool. Bing Search is suitable for several verticals like financial services. The ads are very cheap as fewer businesses advertise. This means greater ROI if you clearly understand your campaign goals. Bing ads also appear in Yahoo! Search. So, you want to promote/sell financial services use Bing Search ads.
3. Infographics: Most suitable when you want to explain something with visual aids. You can explain your content in a very interesting way instead of taking 500 words to describe the same thing. It is great to explain your competitive advantages, inform about facts and figures, inform about what and how you do and the benefits of your product/service. It is also convenient to share as a sponsored ad/post/tweet in LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.
4. Facebook Ads: Facebook is an informal social media platform where you can share interesting content to current/potential customers in many interesting ways. Facebook’s paid options allow you to push your content to audience outside of your influence. This helps expand your reach and generate interest. You can use free contests and promote giveaways to attract people interested in your offer.
5. LinkedIn Ads: LinkedIn is a formal and B2B platform which can be best utilized for B2B sales. Use a Premium LinkedIn account and such tactics to reach decision makers at any company. Interact with niche businesses by targeting that group with advertisements and relevant information. Use this tool if you are in the B2B realm, need to target a specific industry and communicate offers directly to decision makers.
6. Twitter Ads: Twitter ads are another way for sharing content. It enables you to pay for retweets/shares of your content which will enable people to see your good content. And hash tags are another powerful way of populating the content on Twitter.
7. Google Display and YouTube Ads: These platforms can best be used to generate awareness of your product/service. Although the engagement ratio of these ads is low, but it is a great way to attract larger audience. You may get converted, but, possibly with compelling communication. You need to exaggerate what you want ad viewers to do—sign up, app download, visit your website, etc. Use some form of targeting to ensure that the right people see your ads.
These are just a few of all the tools available, STAY TUNED to know more such tools. May be you have got just one part of your most suitable combination and other one is still awaited. Our next blog will explain some more tools and you might get your perfect combination of digital marketing campaign. We’ll be right back!